The Norse Bjergtrold

Aleksander Austad

"When you are a mountain person, you understand the brilliance and beauty of contradiction. The way land can be your greatest teacher. How something can be both grounding yet elevating, intoxicating yet soothing, wild yet serene, intensely primal yet patient, and cycling yet predictable within the shifts, and rhythms. Mountains keep us on edge yet wrap us in the sensation of safety all at once. I don't know of anything sweeter, or more magic inducing than that."
— Victoria Erickson

"99% of the time my brain is thinking oh, huh, absolutely, YEAH, mountains and photography. The other 1% I am usually asleep."

Can you really get to know someone by reading their biography on their website? Probably not. It's just a bunch of praise and raves written by the me about myself.

You would probably get a better idea of who an artist is based on their body of work, their reputation and their style. In that case, refer back to the photographs of this website.

But in case you are still wondering who Alex is… well, on the surface, he is a photographer; yet, in disguise, he is an accidental adventurer—no, make that an 'Adventurer', with a capital A—Sony Alpha (α7R IV) shooter, master of Type 1.5 Fun, amateur chef/foodie, coffee addict, borderline neurotic about being neat, complete and utter iEQ bum, and very much a family man… just to name a few. And a proud member of DNT and, obviously, GG—the processing Guru!

But to get a better idea of who Alex is, just give him a holler or better yet, hire him. You will get to know him much better while planning a shoot (or up high). And it will be a lot more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

You can follow Alex on Instagram if you feel like it. You can also put peanut butter in your badonkadonk, if you feel like it.